- Handle made of oak wood with carvings for a secure and ergonomic grip
- Comes with a leather cover to store when not in use and protect your fingers
- Effortless dough slashing – slash loaves with ease before baking
- The curved blades reach underneath the crust as you cut
- Includes 5 stainless steel razor blades
Size: 18.9 cm length x 2.3 cm width
Material: stainless steel blade, oak wood handle
Bread scoring lame (pronounced 'lahm') is one of the most essential baking tools and it helps bakers to create loaves with beautiful scoring pattern.
Using bread scoring lame to slash the surface of a dough right before baking will ensure the perfect bread appearance. It allows for a stunning oven spring without the crust tearing uncontrollably. Use your imagination to create amazing designs with this thin razor blade that cuts at angle just below the surface.
Slashes on the dough promote moisture to escape from the loaf and release carbon dioxide that is trapped inside. Proper scoring with a good tool helps to control exactly how the bread will “bloom” in the oven, creating unique loaves with an artistic touch.
Each piece comes with a little 'Flour & Water' logo that has been carved on the wooden handle.
Refer to our FAQ section for more info on cleaning and storage.